Saturday, February 7, 2015

New Year, New Chapters of Life

I'm back out of the dark and ready to start sharing what has been happening in the middle kingdom!  With a new class this year, I ran into much higher demands from my students which set me back on the world of blogging.  I'll definitely need to find time to share all of the things I have been doing inside my classroom and living in China. 

Over Christmas break, I went back to the US to visit my family, boyfriend, and friends.  Literally as I landed in the O'Hare airport in Chicago, I saw my boyfriend and he immediately proposed to me!  When I replay that night, I kept thinking to myself it's just like in the movie Love Actually.  I was shocked since I thought he wouldn't propose until I came back to the states during the summer.  It was an awesome surprised since we were able to spend the rest of my Christmas break celebrating our newly engagement with family and friends. 

 I still can't believe I'm engaged to my new fiance!  I find myself staring at the new bling on my finger!  The long distance is hard but we are thankful and blessed our love is stronger than ever (We've been together for over 7 years!).  Because life is full of transitions, I'm now entering the zone of leaving my life in China well.  When looking at the calendar, I just realized I have about 5 more months living and working in China before I head back into the US to get ready to get married to a WONDERFUL man! 

It's hard to come to realization that from the moment I step onto that plane back to America, I'll always have a piece of me in China, a foot in my old life and another in my new life.  This verse (Genesis 2:24) resonated with me as I'm not only leaving my family to start a new one, I'm leaving my China family and China home as well.

Earlier this week, as I was doing calendar time with my students, it dawned on me that I need to break the ice and tell my current and former students that this is my last year at Tianjin International School.  That I won't be able to see them next year.  Even though it is not the first time I had to say good-bye to a school, students, or teacher friends, it is still painful and sad to say goodbye. 

All the time we make decisions, big ones and small ones.  As I'm getting used to my new BIG decision on leaving my China life and entering a new life of marriage, it's always tough to say goodbye to what was comfortable to me. 

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LOrd, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."   -Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the usefulness in your post, if you are a teacher or acquaintance of you also do this fixed job. You may be interested in the following wireless instructor models.The task of teaching students is not the easiest thing, the teacher's larynx is always up. Therefore, the technology has created teachers' teaching aids with many models designed with a variety of sound quality stable long. Package includes:



    Sewing machine (may tro giang chinh hang)

    Cheap lecture speakers (loa trợ giảng giá rẻ)

    High power lecturer (máy trợ giảng công suất lớn)

    mic tro giang

    Again (may tro giang gia re)

    Sewing ashes for mourning(may tro giang danh cho giao vien)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great collection of shotguns at British shooting show. Gotham Knights Red Hood Vest

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. chris martin jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am satisfied that you just shared this useful information for us. Six Raincoat

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!