Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Happy Year of the Sheep/Ram/Goat! (Freebie)

Guo Nian Hao! aka Happy New Year!  Chinese New Year is the biggest holiday celebrated in China!  Many local schools take a whole month off to celebrate, visit family, or go on vacation.  Because my school already had 2 weeks off for the Christmas holiday in December, we get another 2 weeks off for Chinese New Year.  I love having this break!  Currently I'm on my second week off from school.  Last week I traveled to Chengdu, the city famous for the nation's beloved iconic animal, the Giant Panda.

Aren't they adorable?!





Couldn't resist only sharing one photo with you!

Every year, my school organizes an event at our school to celebrate our host country-- China.  We call it China day and set up the gymnasium with many different activities students and families can participate in.  We also let the kids dress up in traditional Chinese clothes or wear red.

Here's me and my class with a Sheep mascot. :)
I did many of the same activities I used last year with my current class.  Read my last year's post (CLICK HERE) of different ideas on what I did!

If you're still looking for an easy writing activity for your kids, I have a freebie for this year's Year of the Sheep.  Click on the picture below!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Chinese-New-Year-Freebie-Year-of-the-Sheep-2015-1647887 
Now I'm heading off to see more fireworks go off in my neighborhood!


1 comment:

I love reading your cheerful comments!