Monday, August 18, 2014

Meet The Teacher: Who am I? Blog Hoppin' Linky Party

I've been waiting for this Blog Hoppin' Linky all month!  So I'm happy to participate on the first link up for Monday:
http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/2014/08/teacher-week-who.html

WHO am I?  Let me tell you 10 facts about me! :)


1.  My name is Andrea Ho.  This will be my 3rd year teaching Kindergarten.  I teach Kindergarten in a big city in CHINA!  Yes, you heard me right, I said China!  This will be my second year teaching overseas and I LOVE it!  I teach in an international school.  I am one of two Kindergarten teachers and this year I have a total of 9 students (lucky me!).
Below is a picture of my school!  I believe the sky background is fake since I've NEVER seen a clear blue sky like that before...

2. I am from the Midwest growing up in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois.  What I miss most about the US?  Other than the greenery and blue skies, I miss all the fast food and chain restaurants.  Chic-fil-a, Chipotle, Panera Bread...The list can go on FOREVER!
    

3.  Other than teaching, I love to dance, listen to music, do yoga, doodle and create art.  Teaching was actually my "fall back" career.  When I was in high school, I wanted to go into interior design or fashion merchandising, plus be a ballerina.

4.  I have been dating my BF, Kevin, for almost 7 years!  Our families call us the "William and Kate of the Midwest".  We met and fell in love in college!
FaceTiming has been the core of our relationship this past year!  Praise The Lord for awesome technology!
5.  I am also one of the eCoaches at my school.  I focus on working with teachers who have shared iPads in their rooms (age 3 year olds to 2nd grade students).  I love collaborating and sharing ideas with fellow teachers on technology integration in the classroom!  I'm still working on my post about my shared iPads in kindergarten, but can't wait to share with you my journey on them!

6.  Family:  My core family lives in the US.  But I have extended family in Hong Kong and Australia.  I love how close I am to my extended family on this side of the pond.  I'm ever so grateful to get to spend more time with them!  It makes up all the important family holidays I missed growing up in the States!

7.  Shoes- I love shopping for shoes!  I was actually kind of depressed when I made the decided to only bring 15 pairs of shoes to China last year.  However, I am so thankful to be a size 6 and can fit in many of the shoes made here!  Anything past size 8 people have a real hard time finding a good pair of shoes.

8.  My favorite kind of work to do at school is decorating bulletin boards and my classroom and hallway!  Here's one of my favorites from last year.

9.  I love traveling!  Just within one year, I've been to 7 new cities within China and 2 countries, plus going back to the US for Christmas! 

10.  Things I love: Coffee, Chai tea, fancy pens esp. Papermate pens, all genres of music, smiles, shopping, summertime, the beach and sun, and creating products for my classroom. :)

Don't forget to stop by again tomorrow to check out my classroom!  I CANNOT wait to show you my kindergarten classroom!

 

Click below to see check out the linky party and link up to share WHO you are at Blog Hoppin'!
http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/2014/08/teacher-week-who.html

3 comments:

  1. 9 kids! Wow! I've always wondered about teaching at an international school. What an amazing experience you are getting! I love the William and Kate nickname. :)

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working in an international school has been adventure! It has helped me understand what ESL learners go through when I am learning the Chinese language. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing. Love your Dr. Suess board.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!