Thursday, April 18, 2013

Kindergarten Common Core File Folder Organization Freebie

Do you teach Kindergarten? Looking for new ways to organize your Common Core materials?  Ashley from Thats So Second Grade wrote a great post on organizing the Common Core standards for her second grade class.  Click here to read her post.

So over spring break I created my own version but for Kindergarten.  Since I know I am still trying to memorize all of the "codes" for the Common Core standards, I thought this was a great idea to organize all of my CCSS material.  You can put in your specific activities and worksheets for each standard so you know EXACTLY what you are teaching when accessing student understanding.  On each folder I have the whole standard printed out as a guide.  Also I color coordinated each subsection for Math and English Language Arts.




These labels are only for Kindergarten.  In the file are labels for file folders, labels for folders, and tabs for each Common Core sub section. Directions on how to do this is attached in the file.  Click the pictures or the respective teacher stores below to get the freebies:
   
Math: TpT   TN
ELA: TpT   TN

This is a great weekend project or after school project! It just takes about 1.5 hours to print, stick, and stack the labels!  Grab this freebie and impress your colleagues on your new super fabulous organized Common Core materials!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much this is just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited, I think this is going to be a HUGE help next year. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo very happy to see this. I have been looking for a way to organize my "stuff" by standards and came across the second grade website which led me to yours! Thanks so much for doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Thanks for offering this! I have wanted to do this and you just saved me a bunch of time!
    -Carol
    Mrs. Cobb's Kindersprouts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!! Totally a time saver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organizing files is more important than what others think. Being able to segregate and organize documents will help in the future as they become more easily accessible. And it also avoids the probability of lost papers. Have you thought of converting your paper documents into computer files for easier sorting?

    Ruby Badcoe @ Williams Data Management

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of my teaching files are electronic. I moved to China to teach and did not bring any paper copies with me. This common core file folder organization is great for teachers to have and store their paper files when an administrator or another educator wants to check to make sure you are teaching to the standards. Also, it is not bad to have paper versions of your electronic files when they are organized neatly. It saves a lot of printer ink when you have a hard copy for the printer.

      Delete

I love reading your cheerful comments!