Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Cold and Chinese New Year Product


Finally Thursday is over! We have a 4 day weekend for MLK Day and boy did I need the extra break days.  I definitely caught an illness from school.  It could be anything…cold, flu, strep throat…And I’m feeling terrible!  Everyone is getting sick!  Anyone else coming down with an illness? 

Early on this week I completed my thematic unit on Chinese New Year.  This unit is very dear to me because it reflects my culture and heritage.  As a Chinese American, I love sharing this important holiday with my students.  Chinese New Year starts on February 10, 2013 this year and it lasts for 15 days.  This year is the Year of the Snake and because I was born on the Year of the Snake, I want to share a freebie with you from this awesome unit.  Click below for the freebie.  

      

Check out my Chinese New Year unit at my stores.  It’s over 90+ pages.  And since this is MY special year to celebrate Chinese New Year, I am putting it on sale for 20%!!  The sale will run until Sunday January 20, 2013.  
TpT         TN
Come back to my blog for future posts about Chinese New Year.  I will be talking about it more, sharing my experiences, and ideas to bring to the classroom.

Have a happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh....I came down with something too :(

    Good thing you have a long break - we have one more day! I haven't thought much about incorporating Chinese New year (I know that's awful) looking forward to seeing more of your ideas!

    Amber
    Sparkles, Smiles, and Successful Students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This day was rough! My pockets were stuffed with tissues for both the kids and I! I hope you can recover quickly Amber!

      Delete
  2. HANG IN THERE! It sure seems to be going around. Stay home and rest and feel better soon!

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!