Thursday, November 8, 2012

It's Almost Friday and November Currently

Today was a hectic day!  Many of my kindergartners get easily tired by the end of the week and become very grouchy, especially during transitions and afternoon centers.  Today was worse because at least 3 of the little ones had a meltdown at the same time.  My conclusion is that last Sunday was Daylight savings and that everyone (including me) is off their usual sleep schedule.  Even though I love the fall season, the weather change is really messing up my internal clock!  I feel like I haven't seen the sun in DAYS!!! I guess that's what I get for moving up here in Chicago.  I can't wait for the weekend to come so I can relax and enjoy some quiet and peace.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Well it has been about a week since Farley started her November Currently Linky Party. PS- I am loving the color scheme and clip art she used this month! It's so fall-ish!

So here's mine!
I just bought new flannel sheets and pajamas (for our Pajama day next week) from Macy's and I am in love!  They have a lot of cute flannel stuff at their stores.  Waking up in the morning is becoming more difficult for me since they are so warm and cozy.

I've had my bedroom furniture for over 10 years and it doesn't fit in my new bedroom anymore (it's a lot smaller now), so I've been researching all of the furniture stores for good deals.  I can't wait to shop at Ikea.  I hope I can find something good there!

I moved to Illinois at the end of summer, right before school started and I haven't had a haircut since MAY.  I am in dire need to get one.  But I haven't had the time to look for a good salon here yet.  I am kind of anxious of going to a new hair salon since I've been going to the same one for at least 15 years back in Ohio.  I need to get over my fears of having a new hair stylist doing my hair and get it done before Thanksgiving rolls along.  My split ends are hideous!

As for music in the classroom, this song on YouTube has been stuck in my end since November 1.  My kids LOVE it and since it all the time (on the way to P.E., in the hallways, during centers).  It's very catchy and I love the body movements that is incorporated in this video.  We watch this every day during calendar.

Have a happy Thursday night and Thank God tomorrow is finally FRIDAY!

6 comments:

  1. I get so thrown off by daylight savings time, it's awful. I love my flannel sheets - so cozy!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys love their flannel sheets. Yes, even in Florida it gets cold! Its so hard to find Doctors, dentists and hairdressers with a move. Good luck!

    I am your newest follower:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...I think my kids are going to LOVE that video! I can see them giggling already! Thanks for sharing! It will be a good way to work on following directions :-)

    I am your newest follower.
    Hailey from Autism Tank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Turkey Time! Will have to share that with my kiddos-they'll love it!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still messed up from Daylight Savings!!
    Can't wait to show my kiddos the video! Thank you!
    Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just nominated you for a Liebster Award (an award for new bloggers). Check out my post here
    ~Hailey from Autism Tank

    By the way...my kids love the Turkey Time video!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your cheerful comments!