Monday, February 6, 2012

BINGO Card Freebie

UPDATE:
One of my New Year's resolutions is to try and blog more! BUT I'm totally not doing a good job on this!! Hopefully this habit will change.  In the past couple days, I've been tagged (3 times) and received an award!  I adore how teachers are spreading the love and support through these awards! So I promise write a post about those tomorrow (crosses fingers).  ALSO, if you didn't noticed, I revamped my blog layout into this cutesy pink, green, and black color template.  In addition, I finally made a button! I found my awesome template from Dani's blog called Blog Designs. Definitely check her stuff out!


Who doesn't love playing BINGO?  I remember during my student teaching my first graders LOVED it when we could play BINGO during word work time.  I would give them the blank sheet and they would fill out the sheet with words from the word wall.  Today, I let my students from the after-school program I work at play.  The majority of them (75%) are from Korea.  Even though, they speak English well, many of them are behind on their reading comprehension and fluency.  They loved playing BINGO because of the simple rules.  I wish I took pictures because they are so adorable.

Get the freebie HERE!!

I have also used the blank BINGO cards for math facts.  Let the students fill out the sheet with the math fact answers numbers.  You can be more specific like, write down the multiplication math facts of 5 (so they will write 5, 10, 15, 20, etc. all over the BINGO card).  You can let them do any numbers from the 100s chart for addition or subtraction).  Once you call out a number for example 10, the students must write in a math fact of 10 (for example: 5+5, 5x2, 8+2, etc.).  I hope this make sense!! If you have any questions, let me know!!

Here's a picture of what I was trying to explain! Hope it makes somewhat sense. LOL


I haven't used BINGO yet while I subbed but this is another great resource to add into your sub folder/binder, just in case you need something extra to do!
What ideas do you guys have on using the game BINGO in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your cheerful comments!